Hi there! Thank you so much for checking out my blog. My name is Sandy Esprit. I’m colouring my hair at home using @eSalon
I love how easy eSalon makes colouring my hair and it’s so safe. My curls are respected and the colour looks amazing! Check it out for yourself.
Full disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post but I do have affiliate links on this blog post. If you make a purchase through this links I will receive a small commission. As always, your support is always appreciated.
When coloring your hair at home, it’s important to follow safe practices to minimize the risk of damage or adverse reactions.
Here are some tips for safely coloring your hair at home: Choose a reputable hair dye brand:
- Look for hair dye brands that are well-known, reputable, and have positive reviews. Make sure to read and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Perform a patch test: Before applying hair dye all over your head, do a patch test to check for any adverse reactions or allergies. Apply a small amount of hair dye on a small area of skin, typically behind the ear or on the inner elbow, and wait for 24-48 hours to see if you have any adverse reactions such as redness, itching, or rash.
- Protect your skin and clothing: Apply a layer of petroleum jelly or a barrier cream around your hairline, ears, and neck to protect your skin from hair dye stains. Wear old clothing or use a hairdressing cape or towel to protect your clothes from hair dye.
- Follow the instructions carefully: Read and follow the instructions provided by the hair dye manufacturer carefully, including the mixing ratios, application techniques, and processing times. Avoid leaving the hair dye on for longer than recommended, as this can cause damage to your hair and scalp.
- Use gloves and proper tools: Wear gloves provided in the hair dye kit to protect your hands from staining. Use the applicator brush or bottle provided in the kit for precise and even application.
- Conduct a strand test: If you’re using a new hair dye brand or color, it’s a good idea to conduct a strand test to see how the color will turn out on your hair. Apply the hair dye to a small section of hair to check the result and make any adjustments before applying it to your entire head.
- Rinse thoroughly: After the processing time is complete, rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water until the water runs clear. Follow up with a gentle shampoo and conditioner formulated for color-treated hair to help maintain the color and keep your hair healthy.
- Take care of your colored hair: Colored hair requires extra care to maintain its health and vibrancy. Use color-safe shampoo and conditioner, avoid excessive heat styling, and protect your hair from the sun and chlorine to prolong the life of your hair color.
If you have any concerns or questions about coloring your hair at home, it’s always best to consult with a professional hairstylist or colorist for guidance and advice.
Check out my Amazon picks for hair care, here.
For #redhaircare picks, shop my LTK.
Shop the viral light, here.
Shampoo and Conditioner picks right here.
Leave a Reply