But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you.
I am one of those people who lives to help people. Yes, you read correctly I don’t just love it, I live it. I want to give people the best perception of themselves because only then will they exercise their potential to their fullest capacity. Unfortunately sometimes (most times) I don’t do as I say. It takes me a while to get out of my funk. So here is how I cope to living a more positive life. Positive life is a blessed life and ultimately reflects the state of my heart.
- Compliment yourself- I know most of us don’t like doing it in fear of being full of pride. However may I remind you God in Heaven made you as awesome as you are so while the rest of us have taken notice, it’s time for you to take notice. Tell yourself (literally) how awesome you are. You may feel silly, but the truth will set you free.
- Crack a joke- What’s done is done so crack a joke, laugh and enjoy what you have. You can frown (and cause wrinkles to appear prematurely) or you can laugh off some calories (seriously, laughing burns calories).
- Stay hydrated- Drink. It’s better for you to drink water over vodka (just saying). Stay hydrated. You don’t want to find yourself getting ready to have a tear festival only to find yourself dehydrated. On a serious note, being dehydrated makes you unhealthy and thus takes a toll on your mental state. Be good to yourself and DRINK.
- Eat what makes you feel good- Cake, cookies, muffins, chocolate, ice cream, and etc. will not kill you…mind you we’re all dying so you might as well go out happy. Of course, you don’t want to go out with diabetes so do not overdose on it. But at least once a week, ingest to your heart’s content and fall in love with the moment.
- Take a nap- Sometimes all you need is a moment to power down completely. Let’s face it you’re not you when you’re tired so do like a toddler and rest.
I hope you enjoy these tips. I know you know all of this, but some times you just need to be reminded. How do you live a more positive life? Share your tips.